Yes, we’ve been on three trips this summer. My sister-in-law got married in June in Alabama, my cousin got married in July in Connecticut, and last week we went to south Georgia for a meet-up with Timon’s parents.
We went to a state park that’s just barely over the state line that was on a lake. The cottages there are great – AC, full kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Also: satellite tv, which we barely used but was handy in checking baseball scores each evening and on one rainy afternoon Henry got to watch All Dogs Go To Heaven.
The kids were fantastic in the car on the way up. We’ve been blessed with good car travelers. And now that I’ve typed those words, we will PAY DEARLY on our next road-trip. We cooked a lot of good food while we were there, which, when you have absolutely nothing else to do other than read a book or go swimming with your kids, isn’t the chore it seems to be at home. And THE BEST PART OF IT ALL was that there was a (cue angels singing) DISHWASHER!!! Perhaps you’ve always had a dishwasher and this means very little to you. But I’ve lived without a dishwasher in my home since I moved out of my first apartment in 2001. And seeing as how the cottage was on a lake, with a screened-in porch, and was bigger than my own home, the dishwasher pretty much put it over the top to where I very nearly refused to leave.
Maria enjoyed cutting wooden fruit and helping Mimi in the kitchen, first supervising the shrimp deveining, and then snapping beans in half.
Henry loved fishing with his daddy, taking solemn self portraits, and snuggling with Maggie the dog. [He really, really wants us to get a dog.]
I’m ready to go back. Who wants to join me?

5 comments:
You should get Henry a dog. I'm on his side.
I think you've found a Christmas card picture!
That place looks wonderful! Sounds like a great trip
heaven
Henry's picture of himself is hilarious, so serious! Some of my favorite belly-laugh inducing pictures are the ones that Anna takes when I give her free reign of the camera:).
Ok First off, Jen unless you're on my side, shhhhh.
Secound, Maresi is correct, she really did not want to leave. I had to force her into the car and turn on the child locks to keep her there.
Post a Comment