Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st day of 1st grade

Henry and Maria enjoyed a breakfast of cereal this morning, after Henry rejected my offer of pancakes.  WHO IS THIS CHILD?

cereal
mcereal
Then Henry posed for the obligatory front-of-the-door-first-day-of-school photo (this is the goofy version, at his request):

goofy
And then I had to placate Maria by taking her photo through the window.  Before I know it they’ll both be out in front of the door.  Ay yi yi.

through the window 

1st day reports, though scarce (seriously, he’s clamming up about school ALREADY?  I thought I had a few more years before that started.) seem positive and upbeat.  He came home with a green spot in his agenda (the date book they give all students to help keep track of things), which means he didn’t mouth off straight away.  Who could ask for more?

2 comments:

Barb said...

FIRST GRADE?! AAAHHH

Em said...

I cannot stand how adorable your children are, it's too much!! I love these pictures:).