Sunday, July 02, 2006

"So, um, Mom?"

If you haven't experienced the enormous joy of being in the presence of my son, then you are really missing out on something special. Tonight, for example, Henry was sitting on the potty and I went in to check on him, and he crossed his arms, let out a huge sigh, and said, "So, um, Mom?" I was laughing so hard that I didn't hear whatever gibberish he spouted out next. It amazes me that he's this little man who will one day come in the house and throw his keys on the counter after a first date (when he's 30) with a nice young gal (who I've hand-picked). Some of the boys who I had the pleasure of getting to know on our mission trip gave me hope for the future of teenage boys, and I pray that Henry can be as awesome a young man of God that they are. I suppose that's partly up to his parents. No pressure, eh?

2 comments:

Elena said...

Your stories of Henry are invariably adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is just so cute! How is the potty training going? I am waiting till Kylie is around for a bit before we really start trying..don't want to get too far ahead and go back because of a new baby in the house. :) I am sure everyone is so happy to be back together after your separate trips. Hugs and just in case I forget to send a card..lol..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on Friday!! Greta