It's officially been almost an entire month since we've talked to Chad. I think that while we were on the mission trip he tried to call but we were in the middle of dinner prayer and I couldn't answer the phone (this happens to be the ONLY negative memory of the week). If I hadn't just seen video of him playing soccer on his sister's blog, I'd be worried (check out www.amydeebeck.blogspot.com). I mean, come on- he's literally in the wilderness for days on end with only one other person, Tree Girl (who I'm certain is completely capable), looking after him. I shouldn't be sad about this. After all, we've made several friends over the years that it doesn't much matter whether or not we talk often, but when we do it's wonderful. So I guess what I'm saying is this: Not talking to friends who are far away makes distance seem even longer, but knowing that our friend is okay and enjoying time with others who love him makes it a little bit better. Henry watched the video and said, "Chad? Ball?" That's right, Henry, Chad's playing ball and we hope he comes over to play at our house really soon. Only 450 more miles to go.
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment