Saturday, July 01, 2006

home sweet home

I just got back from taking the kids to Tennessee for our mission trip. It was awesome! Everyone had a blast and we did so much incredible work. I was the co-leader of a crew of 9 kids that went to a nursing home to just be with the residents there. Some of them were pretty incapacitated, but some others were very interesting to get to know.
The kids from our church went with another crew to work at a center for children, and my summer assistant, Matt, went to a Christian camp to do some hard work there. The kids on my crew from other churches and other states went from being completely reluctant to enter the people's rooms to telling me how much they liked being there and asking if they could leave lunch to go visit with the residents. I just want to give a shout-out to the gang: Aron, Cristina, Debi, Drew, Hannah, Helen, Jana, Luke, and Mark - you guys rock and if it weren't frowned upon (not to mention a federal felony) to transport minors across state lines without parental permission, you all would have been stuffed in our van and brought home with me. You're good people.
And now, I'm at home with my boys, finally, after 8 days and a 13 hour car trip. I REALLY missed them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A TN blog and no mention of me? I must say Maresi, that's very disappointing.

...and you probably thought I'd never read your blog. It's actually my homepage. :)

(thanks for calling btw. i hope you were able to get away for your anniversery.)

-jessica-