Wednesday, May 31, 2006

wide eyed



Just letting you all know that the best band ever's new album is fabulous. Downhere, as seen here in 2003 at St. Luke's UMC (my home church and place of employment) is a band I've posted about before in March (check the archived posts) and I just love 'em. Some people think that Christian music couldn't possibly be interesting, and until about 10-15 years ago, they were sort of right. Then DC Talk changed everything, and here we are today with a plethora of awesome music, with downhere at the top of the heap. I've met them, they rock as human beings as well as rock stars. The picture is of the first time they played St. Luke's, and when they offered to come back and play for just a love offering, we jumped at the chance to see them again. That was a night not to forget. Please give them a chance to blow you away... check them out at www.myspace.com/downhere, or www.purevolume.com/downhere, or www.downhereblog.blogspot.com, or just plain old www.downhere.com. I can't imagine you'll be disappointed.

The new album also I think has the catchiest title, and also a description of how you'll feel after listening. Wide Eyed and Mystified. I just think their message is incredible, their attitude of servanthood is true, their fun-loving spirit is infectious... and you should think so too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out! We're excited about the new record too - looking forward to coming back to the area at some point in the near future! God bless,

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

If you like Down Here, you should also check out a group called "A Bunch of Guys" who have three cds out. All the profits from their cds and appearances go to the ELCA World Hunger Appeal. They sound pretty great too! Their website is www.abunchofguys.org