I just got back from the first swim meet I've been to in almost 10 years! This one involved one of the girls in my youth group, Carley, and the city swim team. The last one was an alumni vs. team meet that took place during my first Christmas break from college, in 1996!! It really took me back to see those kids in the water. I remember standing on the block (these kids just stood poolside) and being totally petrified, to the point of nausea, but wanting so badly to swim faster than I ever had before. We weren't a family who participated in team sports much after tee ball and elementary school soccer, so athletics was quite an endeavor for me to undertake. I have to say that even though I only placed in a race once in 3 years, and I wasn't very fast, and I didn't ever get out of lane 2 - that one of the things I'm truly proud to have accomplished is participating in a varsity sport for 3 years. There's nothing like flying through water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Swimming is amazing, and manages to be one of the only sports I enjoy participating in! It's a great form of exercise, and it feels great.
Post a Comment