Saturday, April 24, 2010

saturday morning leftovers.

Yeah, I'm just now getting around to posting what I should have posted last night.
  • Turns out that when you stick a potato covered in eye sprouts in a pot of dirt and ignore it, you just might get potatoes.  We ate them in our dinner last night and haven't died yet, so I think we can all consider this a success.  Seeing as how the only things we've consumed from our garden thus far have been parsley and mint, I am thrilled to eat something I grew myself (albeit accidentally).

  • Our zucchini plants have only produced male flowers so far.  Obviously female flowers are the ones that make fruit, so we are still waiting to see them.  Two of eight tomato plants have flowers - I'm hoping the cardinal I keep seeing in the backyard leaves things alone so that they can produce.

  • Monday Maria and I are taking off to go see Jen & Elizabeth before they abandon us move north for a great work opportunity.  We're also hoping Barb & baby E, and Farah with MT & Armadillo can join us, too.  I will be taking custody of Jen's strawberry plants.  What are the chances they'll survive under my care?

  • We almost never go to the movie theatre anymore - the last movie we saw out was Star Trek.  However, I WILL be seeing Iron Man 2 as soon as possible.  LOVE love love RDj, Sherlock Holmes was (surprisingly) pretty dang good and I'm hoping Iron Man 2 does not disappoint.

  • You may remember I have a great love for Rockin' Green soap.  I recently purchased the Hard Rock variety and am even more impressed.  We were having some diaper cream issues (we use wash cloths as a barrier but still usually get some cream on the diapers themselves.  Hard Rock took care of all that residue and they are back to being squeaky clean.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I have recently become a great fan of Rockin Green too. Any chance you could bring me a little sample of the Hard Rock? I only have the Classic. And I have two diaper cream stains on two of my diapers.

I think Farah is on, Barb is still tentative.

Em said...

It might be worth making a trip for How to Train Your Dragon. Henry would love that movie I bet!

Amy said...

I am going to order the hard rock next... I had just ordered 2 new bags right before it came out though! Oops. I guess it'll be a while.

I just converted one, maybe two, people to cloth diapers. And probably to Rockin Green! So exciting.