I woke up around 5:30 Christmas Day for some unknown reason. It did give me a little time to put the breakfast casserole in the oven so that we could eat before opening presents. The kids got up at their usual time of 7:15. Henry was super excited to come see what Santa left under the tree (and in the case of his new fish, beside the tree).
He hath named him Skit.
We opened up our stockings on our bed - Maria was in fine spirits, thankfully.
Henry was thrilled to receive the number one item on his list for Santa – walkie talkies! He has barely put them down since opening them. He also got a cool Super-Why computer notepad (from us), and a real wooden baseball bat (from a lovely couple in our church). V. exciting.
Maria was thrilled with her present from Henry, a Princess Presto doll:
And she also loved her new outfit and hairbows from Nana & Papa. It was a good dress for dancing, too:
After we all ate homemade pizza for lunch, napped, and had a delicious ham dinner, we drove out to see some really neat Christmas lights across town. I didn’t spend too much time being sad over not being in CT with my immediate and extended family, but they were on my mind and heart all day long. It was still a lovely, lovely Christmas.

4 comments:
I love the pictures - we sure do miss seeing you guys too, but seeing what happened in your house on Christmas morning is fun too! Maria's outfit looks familiar... you may be seeing it in pictures from our house soon too!!!
It looks fabulous!
I had walkie talkies when I was growing up!
Adorable pictures!! I'm so glad you all had a good day even though we weren't all together.
It looks like the kids had a fantastic Christmas, even if you weren't with the whole family. And there's definitely something to be said for having Christmas in one's own home, especially as a kid (I say this from many years of experience).
Post a Comment