So, what’ve you all been doing for the past week? Really? That sounds fun. Me? Oh, not much. Just having SWINE FLU.
When I last posted, I’d spent 2 days home with Maria having a sinus infection and pink-eye that had developed after a cold. I had a cold too; coughing, stuffy nose, etc. Thursday morning I felt ok at work, did my usual stuff, and picked the kids up at 3-ish. I came home and laid down on the couch, suddenly feeling much worse. By 6 I felt like I’d been hit by a truck. Apparently one of the characteristics of H1N1 is the speed of onset, and I can attest to that.
I laid low until Friday at 3 when I went to the dr. He confirmed my suspicions and prescribed Tamiflu. He suggested staying away from the kids and Timon as much as possible – fortunately, we have some friends whose parents have a winter home here where I was able to stay for 6 days. It was so hard to be away from home and family, but we are blessed that I didn’t have to be around spreading my germs. If we had a second bathroom in the house, we probably could have just confined me to the bedroom here.
Saturday and Sunday were the worst days. I seriously considered having Timon take me to the ER because I was so overwhelmingly sick. I’ve never been that ill in my life. Timon brought me some food and I managed to eat those two days. By Monday the aches and chills were subsiding, on Tuesday and Wednesday I continued to improve. Thursday afternoon I came home. Right now the main issues I’m having are sinus pain, slight cough, and fatigue, which the dr says can last 7-14 days. I was on the fence about getting the vaccine for H1N1, but after having it I highly recommend getting it as soon as you’re able. I’ve heard stories from others about not having it too bad, but like I said, I’ve never felt this terrible. I hope none of you get it!
Tonight, Timon has taken the kids to our friends’ neighborhood to go trick-or-treating… I’m just not up to walking around in this still-awful heat. I hate to miss it, but here’s a photo of the karate kids:

5 comments:
Great photos! The boy in his serious karate pose. The girl with the ponytail on top of her head!! Both quite darling!
I'm glad you are almost back to normal!
Oh no. So glad you are starting to feel better and thank goodness the kids didn't get it
I am DESPERATE to not get that. I have the regular flu vaccine, but haven't gotten my hands on H1N1 yet. I cannot IMAGINE having it pg. I thought a cold was bad pg....
Feel normal soon!
glad you're feeling better! the halloween pic is so cute!
Post a Comment