Monday, March 23, 2009

i heart faces week 11



maria close up

This week’s theme at I Heart Faces is “no flash.” I don’t think I have taken more than 4 or 5 photos using the flash since I bought my camera, and I’m pretty sure I deleted them all. Unless the moment was once in a lifetime and to miss the photo op would result in a lifetime of regret, I’d basically rather not take a picture than use the flash. So I had a lot of photos to choose from… but this one is probably my favorite. Next week I’ll do my best to use a photo of Henry. Must keep things equal! Click on the above icon for I Heart Faces and check out the other entries!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

No wonder this is a favorite! Love that cute little tongue and the beautiful eyes :-) great job without a flash!

Donna said...

I see why its a fav! What a sweet/silly baby!

I'm the just opposite of you. I have thousands of photos and probably just a tiny fraction were intentionally shot with the flash off. I just don't get good results unless I use the flash. Indoors, there's not enough light and outside there's too much and my subject has a black face while the rest of the photo is nice. If I stand my subject facing into the sun, I get good skin tones but my kids HATE to face into the sun and won't open their eyes for any photos. So, I'm back to the flash..... sigh.

This week's photo challenge has inspired me to turn off the flash and keep trying!

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Richard Lawry said...

What amazing blue eyes. Awesome photo

An Arkies Musings

Niecey said...

this is precious

Through My Own Lens said...

So cute!!! I love the tongue! And, those eyes...!!!

Shae said...

hehe. so cute.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful face! You captured it in the perfect lightening to bring out those blue eyes! Great job!

Pam D said...

I love this! Great skin tones, beautiful sparkly eyes...and of course, the tongue capture! What a great pick for this contest..good luck! Thanks for stopping by my blog... I love making new bloggy friends!

Randi said...

This is priceless! LOVE that face :)

Carebear said...

Wow - gorgeous skin and eyes. And the tongue cracks me up. I love this entry!

Mom 2 Four said...

Sooo cute!!

A Family Completed... said...

Thanks for stopping by. Your daughter is beautiful

Amanda said...

This is a fantastic shot!!! Great job!

Many blessings-
AMnada

leslie said...

thanks for stopping by and the comment

great picture, just can't help but smile :)

Rachel said...

Oh goodness... I love the focus on her eyes, such vivid baby blues! And her expression is priceless!

Super shot!

Krista said...

Beautiful eyes!

Kameron said...

No cute! It is the best when you can catch them in a funny expression or in a great pose. I find myself hucking when I don't have my camera handy!!