This just cannot be. My baby who was born 5 minutes ago has suddenly reached the age of 5 months old. In honor of her 5 month birthday, I bought a really awesome camera and three different lenses. I am THRILLED to start learning more and taking much better photos - I'm sure you'll notice a difference. You might be asking, Hey, Maresi, what about that little tax problem of yours? Well, even if we owe a bit, there's enough left from my oboe sale to pay for my dream camera and my taxes. So there.
But I digress. Maria Katherine at 5 months can:- ALLLLLmost roll over (see above - once that lower arm moves into position, she'll flip!)
- hold her head up for hours on end
- drain 6 ozs in no time flat
- giggle like crazy when you laugh at her or tickle her under her chin
- drool buckets
- screech like a howler monkey if you don't pay her direct attention
- not sleep without being swaddled (YES, STILL)
- grin really big when you greet her in the morning
- almost grab toys and eat them
- make every single person who encounters her fall in love

She is just so wonderful and perfect. I never thought we'd have another as awesome as Henry was and is - this just proves how great our God is. It has been very challenging trying to work and have her with me all the time (we do have a sitter that comes most Wednesdays in the afternoon); but I'm so glad we're doing it. This time with her will be so very, very short.

9 comments:
Congrats on the new camera - it's so much fun. But you already know that.
And happy 5 months, Maria!
Also - Happy LOST Day!
I love the second pic - she is so cute :) Frennie can't wait to meet Maria and his/her other cousins!
Happy 5 months! She is so pretty.
You are going to LOVE love love the camera! I am jealous about the last lens. Let me know how you like it.
Happy 5 months ..Really 5 mnths?
She's beautiful
Love the photos and interested to learn more about your camera. Was Maria able to turn all the way over yesterday on her 5 month birthday? plm
Oh, she's so beautiful. What a sunny disposition! ML
P.S. Your blog is much more interesting than Amy's today!!
How cute! That is - or was - LB's favorite binky. Lately, she will accept no substitutes and want's all mom all the time. I hope it will pass, but am also trying to appreciate it because some day she won't want anything to do with me.
Love that 2nd pic!
And yes, we're still swaddling at 5 months too. We've tried to let her out of it a few nights but then no one sleeps
Post a Comment