Monday, December 01, 2008

a post in which I valiantly attempt to avoid the most obvious humor that's not even really that funny anyway

I know I said I'd take a break today, but I just couldn't. You see, my most very favorite brother-in-law Phil has already this morning defended his doctoral thesis and been found worthy of obtaining his phD in some sort of chemistry related doohickey thingy. And it's only 11 am! What have the rest of us accomplished at such an hour, I ask? He shore be smaht, y'all. So everybody say three cheers for Dr. Phil! (Sorry, it just couldn't be avoided.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope that all who EVER come in contact with this bright and talented young man will, from this point forward, never even DREAM of referring to him again by that name. Dr. T, perhaps, but not Dr. xxxx (rhymes with kill!)
How proud we all are of this truly significant accomplishment.
- Dr. T's father-in-law

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hooray! Good for him!

Megan said...

Go Phil go! What an accomplishment (I know!). Whew! :-)

Amy said...

YAY DR PHIL!!

Katherine said...

Thanks on behalf of the Dr. to all the well-wishers. It was an exciting morning!