Wednesday, October 08, 2008

save the drama fo yo... oh crap, that's me.

Henry has recently become the latest in a long line of dramatic children in our family. It's a heritage passed from his great-grandmother, on whose elementary school report card it was noted that "Dorothy has dramatic talent which should not be ignored." It should be noted that we escaped his 2nd and 3rd years with relatively little terribleness - he was flexible, accommodating, obedient, and almost always cheerful. Lately we've been noticing that the slightest thing that doesn't go precisely the way Prince Henry wishes causes him to come completely unhinged, resulting in a lot of whining and stomping around. I'm going to chalk it up to us getting what we missed during the toddler years when he was supposed to be acting like this, combined with being dethroned as the only recipient of attention in our household due to Maria's arrival - and do my best to be as patient as possible. Which, as Henry's closest dramatic ancestor, should be very interesting, indeed.

But to keep things on the positive side, here's Henry's most recent obsession - it can't possibly be due to our hometown boys getting ready to whup up on the Red Sox on Friday. (Sorry, various family members, I've transferred my loyalty.)

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I love the pictures of your dramatic little boy! I bet the drama is only temporary. It'll settle down soon! :)

AwkwardMoments said...

i hope things let up for you. It does not sound like fun to deal with

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't think that has anything to do with a new sibling..it is a four year old thing! I went through it with Zachary and now with Melody. They are showing more of their own independence and want to do things their own way. It will pass..just like everything else. Usually I can distract Melody with other things and her nasty attitude ends quick enough. Have fun and give Henry a big hug from his cousins in CT!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully a Tampa Bay Rays scouting team was watching!!! Henry has mighty good batting form!!!!!!!!!! Papa & I enjoyed playing soccer with him. Some dramatic expression is far superior to total suppression!!! He will learn to deal with frustrations, the word NO, etc. Love to all, Nana

Barb said...

He is so cute. I've been a bad blogger. I'll catch up so you don't have to repeat things at our meeting! :D

Unknown said...

Maresi,
He still looks awfully darn cute! And congrats on your beautiful baby girl. I can't wait to meet her.