Thursday, July 24, 2008

genghis khan was drinking sarsparilla at the kremlin (or vacation, part one)

Ok, you think the title of this blog post doesn't make sense? Well, you try playing a homemade version of Who What Where and drawing that sucker. Maybe you'd have better luck with something like "Tiny Tim objects to Sheeps Head Bay", perhaps; or how about "Tinkerbell convinces his uncle to vote Libertarian in Rome"? These and other insane antics pretty much sum up how I spent my vacation in New England - about 90% of my time was spent in riotous laughter with my parents, siblings, cousins and even a couple of friends. How about some pictures?

I got to see my Dad's big band have a concert...

There was a bear about 50 yards away from the deck at my folks' house...

I spent some fun hours with my dear old friend Chris and my dear new friend Nicole...

I got to see my super-cute brother and sister...

I explained to this handsome fella (my cousin A's husband, M, and the soon-to-be-godfather of Bertha) the ins and outs of the table numbering system at our cousin's wedding...

You see, we aren't table #33 out of 34...

...we are table Jason Varitek. Wonder from whom I inherited that hand gesture?

Oh. From my Gram.


(part two to come another day)

(Oh, and thanks, A, for the pictures...)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Perfect use of the pictures!!! You're welcome :)

I love the pictures of you displaying the table number, they came out good.

I am still laughing about the whole weekend. What fun!

HereWeGoAJen said...

It looks like it was a terrific weekend!

Chastity said...

Great pictures! If I saw a bear that close I'd likely freak out....very cute animal, but I like them contained when I'm around, lol.

Katherine said...

I am assuming that the ladderball tournament and the tattoo pics should be coming soon?