Wednesday, May 28, 2008

okay, back to you

After yesterday's post, I got some very kind and encouraging comments. Thanks, ladies. I'm hoping things will change once my pelvic belt arrives from Mars Freaking New Zealand. It remains to be seen if Flight of the Conchords aren't the only awesome import from that lovely, but terribly, ridiculously far away country.

In the spirit of folks leaving kind comments, here are two places you should check out that aren't in my blogroll over to the right. One belongs to a lovely woman named Emilie who has two gorgeous young sons, is an excellent writer, and happens to be struggling right now with invasive, fast growing cancer. I can't even remember how exactly I found this blog, but I know that Emilie is an amazing person.

The other blog you should spend some time with is that of Matt, Liz, & Madeline. Matt & Liz were overjoyed at the birth of their first daughter several weeks premature after 5 weeks of bed rest for Liz. While she was getting ready to leave her hospital room the next day to hold her daughter for the first time, Liz went unconscious and passed away suddenly from an embolism. Matt has done a phenomenal job paying tribute to his lovely wife and documenting his process learning fatherhood on his own. It's not an easy blog to read, given how tragic the circumstances surrounding its development - but I promise you'll come away with compassion and awe of this man's love for his wife and daughter; AND of the many, many strangers who've sent Matt & Madeline gifts and notes, which he lovingly posts photos of as he receives them. And if something good can come out of something so horrific, then I can be sure God's still working in the world.

Not that I can have much doubt - last night I was in tears because of this pain, and Timon began rubbing my feet, and Henry snuggled up to me and told me it was okay. *sigh*




2 comments:

Elena said...

I just wanted to send my sympathies for your pain. I've never been pregnant, so I'm not qualified to give advice, but I sincerely hope things get easier, or at least less painful.

mama amy bee said...

Okay, so the Matt and Liz and Madeline blog is so amazing. Sad, beautiful, overwhelming. I just saw Jersey Girl (how many times is he compared to this movie, I wonder?) and thought, how horrible to have the mama die in childbirth (or in their case, soon after?). It makes me amazed and truly humbled that we have healthy kids resulting from a straightforward delivery (vaginal or C-section, who cares? we're still here with our children!). anyway, now i'm rambling. thanks for introducing me to that blog- i know where to go when i need perspective!!!