Saturday, May 03, 2008

ironman

Last night some friends and I went to see Ironman. Normally I try to keep this blog cuss-word free, but there is no other way to describe this movie other than to say that it KICKS MAJOR ASS. We loved every minute of it. Robert Downey, Jr. has spent some good years cleaning up his act and restoring his health after years of addiction and he has never looked or acted better. He was always talented, but no one would hire him because no insurance company would take the risk knowing he was in the habit of coming to work drunk and high, if he showed up at all. It is really great to see someone who's overcome this disease.

But the movie - holy crap! It was amazing, and you should all go see it in the theatre - the big screen is a must for this one. I've never been in a movie where people clapped and cheered spontaneously and en masse, which this audience did several times. And we were treated to some great previews for once - the new Indiana Jones movie looks like it will be awesome, and the new Batman movie trailer wowed us too. Heath Ledger looks terrifying as the Joker. It will be strange to watch him knowing this is it from that very talented actor.

On the baby front, I'm having TONS of movement. S/he seems to be very active, but so far has mostly kept the kicks and rolls just between me and him/her. I'm sure that soon enough my stomach will be jumping and jiving for all to see and feel. I am starting to have trouble being comfortable at night, which doesn't bode well for the summertime. Sleeping on my back is all but eliminated at this point, which stinks since I like a good mix of being on both sides and my back, too. Henry is just enthralled with the thoughts of "his" baby. He loves to hug and kiss and zerbert my stomach, telling the baby good morning or night and that he loves him/her. We didn't plan for this much space between children, but it's really neat to see how much he grasps of the fun we'll have with the new baby. I cannot believe that my first baby is getting SO close to four years old. It's gotten almost easy to be parents to Henry because he is so sweet and smart and fun. I hope we're ready to start all over.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reluctantly went to Ironman with Lee tonight. After reading your post this morning, I slightly felt more optimistic about being dragged to this movie. After seeing it....
I COMPLETELY AGREE!! It is a fantastic movie! It was major kick ass, and I can't wait for the sequel.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way that was me, Courtney.