Last Thursday was my sort of 16 week OB appointment. I say sort of because I'm pretty sure they're pushing my due date 5 days earlier than it's supposed to be. It's no real big deal because babies come when they want and it could really be anytime in September that s/he arrives. All was well - we heard a good heartbeat (152bpm) and I still haven't gained anything. I don't expect that to continue much longer. I met the last doctor in the practice, the only one I hadn't met yet and she seems very nice. The big news is that I'll have my long ultrasound/anatomy scan on April 10, sooner than I thought; and we'll find out the gender then! We did not find out what Henry was until he was born. I knew the whole time though that he was a he - I just sensed it from the beginning. You would have had to pick me up off the floor if the midwife had told me it was a girl. But this time I have really NO clue. We're finding out this time just to have a different experience. It's still a surprise - it's just coming sooner than September. And for people who are assuming I want a girl because I already have a boy, that is completely false. Of course I'd love to have a daughter - just one reason for that is how much fun I had this weekend with my mom, grandmother and aunt here to visit - but I also LOVE the idea of having brothers. Either way, Timon and I are totally fine. It's Henry who'll have to get used to the idea of a sister if that's the case - he is utterly convinced that this baby is a boy and he wants a brother. We'll bring him to the ultrasound and hope he reacts well to whatever is revealed, if anything. It's certainly possible that s/he prefers to be modest. And it's likely that this will be the final ultrasound for this pregnancy. *sob*
In other news, I have in the last 18 hours come down with a brutal chest cold - fever, cough, congestion, etc. It's really nice. I'm glad it waited until my visiting family left, but I wish it hadn't come at all! I'm staying on the couch today although I may venture out to the store for some Sudafed here in a little bit. Another good part is that it's taken my mind off the ridiculously awful heartburn I'd been having for the past couple of days. Gotta love these parts of pregnancy!
Make sure to vote in the new poll! It will stay open until the morning of the ultrasound.
In other news, I have in the last 18 hours come down with a brutal chest cold - fever, cough, congestion, etc. It's really nice. I'm glad it waited until my visiting family left, but I wish it hadn't come at all! I'm staying on the couch today although I may venture out to the store for some Sudafed here in a little bit. Another good part is that it's taken my mind off the ridiculously awful heartburn I'd been having for the past couple of days. Gotta love these parts of pregnancy!
Make sure to vote in the new poll! It will stay open until the morning of the ultrasound.

5 comments:
I got the cold too -- I thought it had passed but I feel crappy again today. Maybe I'm just allergic to my job. I hope you feel better soon!
And the ridiculous heartburn has set in here too of late. Ick.
It's COLD and RAINY here today! Dad & I are looking forward to our May visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel better soon - I love your surveys!!!!
Hooray for 16 weeks! :-) Maybe Henry really knows what this baby is- sometimes kids have a sense about these things- or maybe he just wants a brother :-)
Hey, it's the gift that keeps on giving. I have had that same cold thingy since January. It comes and goes, mastly manifesting itself in a nasty cough, sometimes wet and productive, sometimes dry and hacking.
Today I am very run down and lethargic. Gonna try to go to bed early tonite.
Hope you get better soon.
Hi ... I found your blog after you posted on mine. Thanks for introducing yourself. :)
I felt SURE I was going to have a girl this time, but as you know, it was a boy. I practically did have to be picked up off the floor after the ultrasound tech told us the news at the 20-week visit! (Of course, now I can't imagine it any other way ...)
Post a Comment