Thursday, January 17, 2008

trip, part two, finally.

Still no explanation for why Blogger won't upload my pics. So here is a poor substitute (dropshots) that leaves them a little pixelated and weird for my tastes. But beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. Anyhow... look at my post from the 7th, and now look at these girls. Apparently whilst enjoying the comforts of an Aerobed, one should put one's arms behind one's head and grin like an idiot:



On our walk from the subway to eat fantastic pizza
in the Village for lunch, we saw this street. Cool.



Then we went to MoMA (Museum of Modern Art)
and saw several pieces of "art," like this:



...and this:




...and this:



...and this, probably my favorite. Guess what it's called!




If you guessed "Martin, Stand In The Corner And
Be Ashamed Of Yourself", you're right!




Overheard in the MoMA sculpture garden:
Young Child: Mommy, that's a big lady!
Mother: Yes, that is a big lady. Zaftig, that's called.




Then we went upstairs and saw the real art. Like this, Monet's
"Water Lilies." It takes up the whole wall... this is just one section.



Then, we walked around a corner and there, with no fanfare
or special treatment other than a couple of extra security guards
was this gorgeous thing... we couldn't believe it. Impressive, eh?



After all that artsy fartsy crap we went downtown to the Ground
Zero site. Not much to see right now, and they've taken all the
memorials down except for the list of names. We did see workmen
in each of the two holes. The subway station is finished there, too.




And what would a trip to NYC at Christmas time be without a
stop at Rockefeller Center to see the tree? It was gorgeous.
It's too bad this photo is all pixelated, cause I think it's a great
shot of my sister, Katherine, too.


Hopefully I'll figure out what's going on with Blogger and fix these photos, pronto. I've got plenty more evidence of our good times to share and I've been so irritated to be holding onto it. I've also got nothing much to say, so the photos are all I have. Thanks for being patient!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the MOMA pictures. I was always astounded to just turn a corner and see "Starry Night." It was fun to watch people come up and stop talking and star in awe. Reagin

Amy said...

Some of that stuff was so funny. Do you think Martin was the one asking Dave for help? They were in the same room... ha!

I think it's so exciting that we saw Starry Night. I may have to go back and see it again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the armchair tour of NYC cultural attractions. I'm wondering what the title of the piece with the violin and the corn is. And the framed dots.I love art that stimulates thought. And of course the awe of Starry Night, evidence of divine inspiration. And Katherine is GLOWING. Your time together must have been good for you all. Go girls.
Love, Auntie Jeanne.

Anonymous said...

To Jeanne: The violin/corn display was part of a triptych titled: "Life, Death, Resurrection" The other two parts were an old railroad tie with rusty nails sticking out of it, and some cans (old fashioned coffee cans, perhaps?) with beans in them. I believe that the violin represents Resurrection!
--Kat