Henry moved on up to the east side this week to his new classroom at preschool. He's officially in the 3-year-old class with his new teacher and aide, Jennifer and Stephanie. I can already tell that this is a different environment - it's much more structured than the 2-year-old room, with several circle times per day and a bunch of different play centers around the room. I even helped Henry finish his first ever homework assignment last night (a page where he needed to color circles blue, triangles purple, rectangles green, and squares yellow). He proudly brought it to Jennifer this morning who pronounced it "very good." He's had two great days so far in there, adapting well to the new schedule, different location, and different teachers. It's interesting having a child the age of the children I used to be in charge of when I was teaching preschool. I've debated getting out all my old teaching materials and supplies (worksheets, games, etc.) recently, but I think that might be overkill. Of course I want him to be well prepared for kindergarten, but I don't want to push him. Henry's been very interested in "pwaying games togever" lately, too. We've been playing a lot of Hi, Ho, Cherry-O, "Don't Sink In The Sink", a VeggieTales game, and an Eric Carle memory game. I can't wait to see him continue learning and growing up. It's only a matter of time until he's reading, driving, and graduation from college.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh. i can just imagine the little cute boy's voice saying all these words!!! i love it!
Did Henry swagger in and call his teacher "Weezy"?
Post a Comment