Wednesday, July 18, 2007

cuts like a knife ***this post is not for the squeamish***

So... I've had this cyst on my back for a while. It never bothered me, was never painful or irritating in any way. It was never red or inflamed. Then the other day I got a massage (ahhhhhh) and that night, it began to hurt, felt bigger, and turned red. I went to the doctor yesterday and he wanted to remove it right then and there - he couldn't say whether the change in the cyst had anything to do with the massage or not, but I trusted his judgement to take it out. So he did. I saw it after he took it out and it came out in a couple of pieces, in total about the size of a large grape, which, of course, left a hole the size of a large grape in my back. He packed it with antibiotic gauze and closed it with strips, no stitches. I have to go back Monday for a check and re-packing. Wanna see a fuzzy picture of what my back looks like?



The red thing is the "wick" of the gauze packing, left out so it will all come out on Monday. It's pretty painful, which I guess is to be expected after having a grape sliced out of your body. But I'm sure that won't last long. I am excited to have another cool scar, this one in a place I could actually show people, unlike the last scar (items #65 & #69 in the link) I got. That's a show for another kind of website.

4 comments:

Ma Ma to 3 said...

Ouchie is right..that is why your brother refuses to get his lump taken out!! I told him I could get the puss otu for him..lol..or whatever is in there. But he refuses to let me touch it. I hope he gets it taken care of..it makes me nervous. It has gotten bigger over the past 6 years but the dr. doesn't seem to care. UGH! I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

hey sis, my wound is bigger than yours. i got 20 stitches today on the underside of my left forearm. 4 stitches inside the wound and 16 outside. its in the shape of a horeshoe. wasn't very deep but was long. didn't get deep enough to hit muscle, which is good. not much pain either, surprisingly.

anyways, i hope all goes well for you. no infections and such. talk to ya later.

Amy said...

Ouch!! Hope it heals quickly.

See you in less than a week!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, if we're counting scars, I've definitely got you beat, at least on my back (not the "scars that can' be shown," however!!!) See you soon!!!