Just having some close-out sales on tidbits of info floating around in my brain... in the hopes I might have some more room to spare for truly important things. For the low, low price of a few minutes spent reading these things, you can have your very own piece of my thoughts. You're welcome!
1. Henry and I get to go visit my sister and brother-in-law and cat-in-law tomorrow! Yippee! Henry is excited to go on an airplane, but he might be even more excited to play on the airplane playground they have at our airport. I always pray that we land at a gate out-of-sight of that area when we return home, otherwise there is a temper-fit deluxe when he realizes it's not time to play, it's time to go and get our luggage. But while we're waiting here for takeoff, it's been a lifesaver, more than once.
2. Also pray that we have a potty-accident-free day while traveling! Henry has been quite reliable lately about telling us he has to go, but occasionally (like when he's busy playing) he'll forget. I am so proud of him though - he's young to be potty trained, and boys usually train later than girls. We saw a nearly 5 year-old girl the other night who did not appear to have any other type of delays that might prevent potty training (autism, emotional or speech delays) who was in what looked like ADULT diapers (they don't make 'em for 5 year-olds!). I don't want to judge a situation that might have a legitamite explanation, so I'll leave this thought here.
3. Speaking of autism - remember that little girl who was biting Henry at preschool? Turns out she was diagnosed as autistic and is receiving two types of therapy at preschool during the week. I'm so sad that this diagnosis will be affecting her life, but pleased that she has the early intervention she needs. My oldest friend (well, the girl I've been friends with the longest... the award for oldest friend has to go to Stanny-poo, who, as we pointed out last weekend, could actually be my DAD) works with autistic children and has some sad/hilarious tales to tell about her kids. If you didn't laugh, you'd cry all day.
4. Most importantly, could you of the praying kind please shoot a few up for Amanda, a 13 year-old girl who one of the members of my youth group used to date? She passed away this morning from accidental drowning in her bathtub. I can't imagine her parents' horrific grief at this moment. Pray for peace, comfort, and understanding.
So long, for now. The next photos of me that will appear on this blog will be those taken whilst the BIG CHOP is happening. Time for a new look, kids! And, coming soon... a new blog design! I can't promise when it will occur, or what form/colors it will take... but I'm working on it. It's gonna look a lot fancier than these here dots.
I covet your comments. Thanks to those of you who take your time to leave them!
1. Henry and I get to go visit my sister and brother-in-law and cat-in-law tomorrow! Yippee! Henry is excited to go on an airplane, but he might be even more excited to play on the airplane playground they have at our airport. I always pray that we land at a gate out-of-sight of that area when we return home, otherwise there is a temper-fit deluxe when he realizes it's not time to play, it's time to go and get our luggage. But while we're waiting here for takeoff, it's been a lifesaver, more than once.
2. Also pray that we have a potty-accident-free day while traveling! Henry has been quite reliable lately about telling us he has to go, but occasionally (like when he's busy playing) he'll forget. I am so proud of him though - he's young to be potty trained, and boys usually train later than girls. We saw a nearly 5 year-old girl the other night who did not appear to have any other type of delays that might prevent potty training (autism, emotional or speech delays) who was in what looked like ADULT diapers (they don't make 'em for 5 year-olds!). I don't want to judge a situation that might have a legitamite explanation, so I'll leave this thought here.
3. Speaking of autism - remember that little girl who was biting Henry at preschool? Turns out she was diagnosed as autistic and is receiving two types of therapy at preschool during the week. I'm so sad that this diagnosis will be affecting her life, but pleased that she has the early intervention she needs. My oldest friend (well, the girl I've been friends with the longest... the award for oldest friend has to go to Stanny-poo, who, as we pointed out last weekend, could actually be my DAD) works with autistic children and has some sad/hilarious tales to tell about her kids. If you didn't laugh, you'd cry all day.
4. Most importantly, could you of the praying kind please shoot a few up for Amanda, a 13 year-old girl who one of the members of my youth group used to date? She passed away this morning from accidental drowning in her bathtub. I can't imagine her parents' horrific grief at this moment. Pray for peace, comfort, and understanding.
So long, for now. The next photos of me that will appear on this blog will be those taken whilst the BIG CHOP is happening. Time for a new look, kids! And, coming soon... a new blog design! I can't promise when it will occur, or what form/colors it will take... but I'm working on it. It's gonna look a lot fancier than these here dots.
I covet your comments. Thanks to those of you who take your time to leave them!

1 comment:
can't wait to see your with a new do! i bet you'd look hot with a cute, short, curly/wavy cut! :) i'm sorry to hear about Amanda- what a horrific accident! Good luck on the plane! and yes, autism is a difficult and complicated disorder! early intervention is the key, however, so it's good to know the signs!!! take care! :)
Post a Comment