Saturday, March 10, 2007

where in the world is matt lauer?

Okay, it's not the greatest title for a post, but it was the jingle running through my head this morning, and it's stuck there. So hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I have!

I've just returned from 2 days in O-town and as far as youth ministry conferences go, I'm pretty ambivalent about this one. Maybe the key to understanding this is realizing that when a bunch of companies decides to give 3,000 youth pastors and volunteers a free conference, they pretty much can hold you hostage during what felt like a 6 hour infomercial for their services, products, courses, curriculum, and concerts. We had 2 great speakers - who were quickly followed by a never ending commercial for this-that-and-the-other. The good news is that after all of that bidness, we got to spend the rest of the day at Universal and Islands of Adventure. That was fun. Except the Mummy. That was just generally 4 minutes of feeling the most terrified I've been in a long while. Have I ever mentioned how I really don't like the feeling of plummeting to my death falling?

It was nice to come home to my two men and sleep in my own bed. Right now Henry's watching Curious George (thanks again, Nana and Papa!) and playing with a nearly dead balloon, Timon will be home in a little while, and then we'll do something fun as a family. What that is, I don't know yet. But I'm sure it will be fun. And it will involve our little family. And after it happens, you'll all be the first to know what we did.

No comments: