Remember when I talked about how much I can't stand hot weather? Well... today it has all paid off. It's the most gorgeous day today. The windows are all thrown open, I laid in my hammock and read a book, Henry got to splash in his little pool... it's lovely.
Speaking of Henry... can I just tell you how cute he is running around in his big boy underpants? He's been mostly trained since Christmas, and it really makes him look like a big kid when he's wearing the Superman britches.
And apparently, he has inherited my insane elephant memory (let me clarify - this memory of mine does not activate when faced with arithmetic, remembering to send birthday cards, or returning library books on time). He was playing with a toy today that I know his cousin Melody (2 months younger) has as well. I said, "Henry, Melody has that toy too." He said, "Yeah. I pay with the fire-fighter phone at Meh-ee's house." Okay - 2 1/2 months ago, we were at my brother and sister-in-law's apartment, and Melody and Henry were "sharing" my brother's old cell phone that has flames on it (he calls anything having to do with fire, fire trucks, or ambulances "fire-fighter"). This kid is amazing. Yesterday, he remembered all about fishing, including how to "watch a bobber, Daddy" which he hasn't done since AUGUST!!! It's crazy!
Oh, last night we got chinese food for dinner and watched a movie after Henry went to bed. Told you it was gonna be fun! It's pizza tonight, maybe some car racing on the PS2, or maybe I can talk Timon into watching this with me.
Speaking of Henry... can I just tell you how cute he is running around in his big boy underpants? He's been mostly trained since Christmas, and it really makes him look like a big kid when he's wearing the Superman britches.
And apparently, he has inherited my insane elephant memory (let me clarify - this memory of mine does not activate when faced with arithmetic, remembering to send birthday cards, or returning library books on time). He was playing with a toy today that I know his cousin Melody (2 months younger) has as well. I said, "Henry, Melody has that toy too." He said, "Yeah. I pay with the fire-fighter phone at Meh-ee's house." Okay - 2 1/2 months ago, we were at my brother and sister-in-law's apartment, and Melody and Henry were "sharing" my brother's old cell phone that has flames on it (he calls anything having to do with fire, fire trucks, or ambulances "fire-fighter"). This kid is amazing. Yesterday, he remembered all about fishing, including how to "watch a bobber, Daddy" which he hasn't done since AUGUST!!! It's crazy!
Oh, last night we got chinese food for dinner and watched a movie after Henry went to bed. Told you it was gonna be fun! It's pizza tonight, maybe some car racing on the PS2, or maybe I can talk Timon into watching this with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment