Wednesday, March 07, 2007

a sad day for huskies fans

Poor UCONN. Losing to Rutgers must feel pretty crummy, especially since 8 days ago you whupped up on them by 26 points. I hope you'll fare better in the tournament, even though you're such young ladies. And as Henry said last night, "Goooooo HUSSIES!" (That in no way implies that the Lady Huskies are at all promiscuous. It's just how he pronounces it.)

In Henry news: This morning he brought Timon's binoculars (in my next post I'll explain the fascination with the binoculars) into the bedroom and strapped them on as he has seen our friends do with their guitars. He then said, "You ready, guys? One, Two, Free, Go! Twinkle, Twinkle Wittoo Star, how I wonder ut you are..." It was hilarious. The other night, he had eaten all of his dinner without incident (usually it takes some persuasion), so we let him pick a treat from his treat bag. He chose a red, heart-shaped lollipop and was very happy with himself. He gave it one lick and said, "Oooo-hooo-hoo! Yummy!" We asked him if it was good and he replied, "Yes. I LOVE it."

On another note: We've been having some issues with a girl in Henry's preschool class. He's come home with a bite mark and two scratches over the last month or so. Henry has told us that it's this girl by name, several times - although we certainly realize that he might not always be able to understand how to tell us the whole truth and all the details. The good news is that the school does realize that there's a problem, even though they can't really talk to us about it because of some privacy policies they have. I know that the girl must have had a terrible home situation since she uses quite a colorful vocabulary in her sweet little voice. She's getting some kind of therapy (I happened to witness some folks working with her the other day) and I just feel bad for her that she can't express herself in other ways. I just don't want my son to keep getting bitten and scratched! Yesterday the aide in the room didn't even notice the scratch on his face, which bothers me and Timon quite a bit. But we told the director of the school about it and I hope she'll stay on top of things the way she should. We are definitely considering the reality that we might have to change schools - although we REALLY don't want to... we love the main teacher in his room and how close it is to Timon's work. Right now we're just praying and hoping that this poor little girl can get the help she needs and that she'll quit hurting my son and any other kids.

3 comments:

Elena said...

I heard today that CCSU made it to the NCAA...is that it? NCAA? Anyway, they made it. I'm proud, I guess.

mama amy bee said...

poor henry. wonder what he's thinking when he's getting bit? avery won't bite... i promise. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Elena, lowly old forgotten about because Uconn is all over the news even when they are doing horribly Central is in the big Tournament this year. Where was the news coverage? Hmmmmmmmmm? I ask you this simply cause Central is wayyyyy better than Uconn ever will or could be.