Thursday, March 22, 2007

do i still get paper?

CAN YOU BELIEVE that I forgot my first blogging anniversary? I mean, even though I don't send cards on time, I always remember anniversaries! I have really enjoyed keeping a record of the last year. This blog is the only journal I've ever kept for this long, and I am very pleased. It's given me a place to share my weeping, my ire, and my joy. Those of you who've been reading from the beginning, I appreciate your committment. If you're new, then let me extend a hearty welcome! However, the biggest thanks have to go to lady b. It was her blog that gave me the inspiration to start my own. I followed her pregnancy experiences and other interesting stories nearly daily. I'd never met her before (actually, we still haven't met in person) but if her blog interested her brother, my dear friend, then by golly it must be worth the time. And I'm here to tell you, it's TOTALLY worth checking out. Her little girl is the sweetest little peanut ever (and my future daughter-in-law). And, if I may be so bold, we've sort of become friends through our comments on each other's posts and via email. That's the beauty of this little internet doo-hicky. Just bringing people together. And that's all I want. I'm super far away from my family - this little weblog allows my folks and the in-laws to see Henry more regularly, and acts as a clearinghouse for all his cute little stories.
So, thanks for coming along with me as I explore photography, haiku, parenting, my God, and other miscellany. I'd write even if no one was reading, but you all do make it a lot more full of purpose.
Love,
Maresi

2 comments:

Chad Odgers said...

good work, MB
Its worth every effort ya'll put into it!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout-out; i've been busy with my parents' visit so i haven't been keeping up on my blog checking :) sorry!!! it's neat to learn about someone (you) and also to learn all about avery's future boyfriend :)