Friday, February 23, 2007

vomit, and other interesting topics

Hey kids! Aren't you just intrigued by the title of this post?!?

Anyhoo, last night I awoke to a loud cry from my son. I shot out into the hallway and my foot slid in a spatter of lovely stuff on the floor. Timon had not come to bed yet and was already on the case, having discovered Henry standing in his room crying over a pool of the stuff on his carpet. (BTW, this is virtually the ONLY carpeted area in the house. Of course he upchucked there.) This was the most foul-smelling substance I've ever experienced, even worse than "our" cats. I'd rather have my head up the rear of a bull elephant with diarrhea than smell this again. Whilst my wonderful husband took care of our traumatized baby, I decided to rid the house of the smell and clean it up off the carpet. I know, I know. I'm a saint. This morning I used this amazing product and I am completely satisfied with the results - his room smells totally vomit-free.

Today Henry laid pretty low. He never got sick again, but he didn't want to eat much today - only had about 10 crackers and 4 Fig Newtons, and a couple of glasses of ginger ale - he kept crying for a glass of milk. Poor thing.

Also, tonight was one of our church's movie nights. It went really well and we had over 120 people there, which is incredible. There were a LOT of folks from the neighborhood who do not attend the church, which is exactly the crowd we're doing this for. We're not doing this as a hard-sell - it's not a proselytizing effort. All we want is to establish credibility within the community so that their hearts and minds might be open to learning more about the blessings God has for their lives. I'm excited about these type of events. This movie night went much smoother than the last and I'm sure they'll get even better as we continue. I wish I could just put the title of the movie in this post but there's some licensing issues. I can tell you that it's an Oscar nominated film and did well in the theatres. Go through those movies and guess which one was for families and was rated G. That's the one.

Pray for a vomit-free night!

2 comments:

mama amy bee said...

poor kid! glad to hear he didn't upchuck again! sorry we missed you in FL- avery couldn't even use their condo's pool so we had to go to a community pool for a couple hours (she slept for an hour while we were there!). maybe next time, when avery's a tad older, we can do the whole "meet your future spouse" thing. glad to hear your movie night went well...

Elena said...

Poor little guy! Here's hoping he feels much, much better. :-)