Saturday, August 05, 2006

we will now return to the vacation already in progress

Hey kids, I'm sitting at Maxwell's computer and we're getting ready to get on the road. It's 10 after 7, and that should get us to Wisconsin by 4 this afternoon, with stops. WOOHOO! Maybe enough time for a jump into Long Lake before dinner!
So, as far as the beginning of the trip goes: Henry and I had a great visit with Kat & Phil (see their anniversary post below for more info on these two characters). Henry terrorized the cat but was otherwise well-behaved. Good fun was had by all, and this Trivial Pursuit winner wants to thank her gracious hosts for their lovely welcome.
Last night we had a super visit with some friends from Timon's college years, Carter and Stephanie. It was great to see them and have fun reminiscing. We even let Kat hang with us since she was nice enough to drive us up to C-town. Aren't we good people?
Now, as I said, it's time to hit the road. Be well, and until we meet in cyberspace again, go with God!

1 comment:

mama amy bee said...

Glad you're having a good time! What a trip! We had our baby at 12:05 on Saturday! 7lb 12oz, 21 inches- I was just a little off on weight and length measurements but she is a girl, born at night (unless you consider 12:05am morning?). Thanks for all your support! :)