I made Henry's birthday party invitations yesterday. I absolutely cannot believe that he is nearly two years old! First of all, I feel like I graduated high school yesterday, even though it has been 10 (TEN?!?!?) years. Secondly, Timon and I have been married 5 years! Just in case you're shopping early, this is the wood anniversary. And (C), it was like 6 or 7 minutes ago that I was in the hospital, getting my 3rd shot in the epidural that kept wearing off. What a day that was. So intense! I wish I remembered more of the little details. Here's some things I DO remember: 1. When my IV came undone and the saline was flowing all over the bed and floor, and Timon, Pastor Fred and Chad were in the room, and someone said, "I hope you don't have to pay for that bag." 2. The difference between my countenance before and after the epidural - I was a new woman, folks. 3. Timon taking wagers on what gender, weight, and time the baby would be born. 4. Geni being told to "Get over here and hold her leg up!" and Geni thinking, "Look, I'm just here to take pictures!" 5. Having Henry placed on my stomach and not being surprised at all that he was a boy. I knew it all along. Anyhow, I'll stop for now. The kid's almost 2. I hope I never forget a minute of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy early birthday to Henry! How great to think about those things that stick out in your memory. I don't think it's possible to remember it all! It'd be great to go back and re-live some of it.
Post a Comment