Not that you have been waiting for over a week or anything, but here’s part three:
By sometime in June, PT was over and you were discharged from Newington. You seemed to regain your mobility and move on with life. I think it might have been the following Christmas that we got our first computer, that Apple that came with an encyclopedia which provided us with the first printed description of RSD. I remember being amazed by that. I remember people thinking you had some emotional condition, the word Sympathetic exacerbated that reaction.
It was hard to describe a condition that isn’t visible. And, that brings me to the lesson that I often think about – all those things we believe in that we cannot see, we cannot touch, cannot smell, cannot always explain but we know they exist – faith, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit – all exist and are so very real, as real as the pain in your foot which no one, even the best of medical experts could see. Now that you are a mom, you know how much you want the best for your babies, for them not to suffer – and, so it goes from generation to generation, from Adam and Eve, from Abraham and Sarah, from dad and me to you and Peter and Katherine and your spouses and children. God also wants the best for his children and sometimes that includes suffering. And, just as dad and I were with you during your suffering, God promises to be with us always from the valleys to the joy of the mountain tops.
Oh, mom. You are the best.
(Also pretty awesome: my new blog header, designed by Calliope of Creating Motherhood. She does great work and is super-affordable.)

2 comments:
I agree. Your mom is awesome. And I like the new header!
love the new header!!! see you soon
Post a Comment