-
This morning, Timon brought me towels warm from the dryer for me to use after my shower. I think I would like this to happen every day of my life. It was truly luxurious. I imagine that it’s how people who buy things from the Sky Mall catalog must live.
-
Speaking of Sky Mall, my sister and cousin and their sweet babies are coming to visit us next Monday! I’m so, so happy about this. The thought of their arrival is almost all that is sustaining me through this week. That, and warm towels.
-
I realize I didn’t make a clear connection between Sky Mall and my sister and cousin coming to visit just now. Allow me to explain - You see, usually whenever one of us travels to see the others, we peruse the Sky Mall catalog on the plane, and fold down the corners of pages featuring items we think the others will particularly enjoy. And by “enjoy”, I mean “find totally ridiculous.” That little publication never lets us down. What, you don’t do this when you’re traveling? Boy, are you missing out.
-
The Olympics are KILLING.ME.SOFTLY.WITH.THE.TIRED. All you people with DVR don’t know how lucky you have it. I either must stay up thanks to Bob Costas and his teasing me with the major events kept to the very END OF THE BROADCAST, that’s midnight, people; or miss the action entirely and catch up on results the next day via the internets. Internets aren’t as fun when it comes to the Olympics. Bob Costas, you are a mean, mean man, with your inexplicably dark hair that used to be blond. Am I right, dearreadersreader? Am I RIGHT?!
-
Speaking of raven-haired Bob, we turned on the tv at 8pm, like faithful little lemmings following Bob to the edge of the CLIFF OF MIDNIGHT (v. v. tired) and saw this:
I have no words. Except to say I could use fewer features about polar bears and instead, could you please move the pairs figure skating finals up about an hour, Bob Costas?
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
catching up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love reading the Sky Mall catalog! It is awesome.
I only hope that Julia allows me a few moments to "shop" for you in the Sky Mall next week. I'll at least have to put it in my bag when no one else is looking!
I KNOW. ENOUGH WITH THE POLAR BEARS.
Less than a week to go! Wheee!!
Bob Costas and NBC do NOT CARE about your SLEEP!! They care about PROFIT! The warm towels - does Timon think you are a princess? He's a KEEPER! SNOW here today, for real this time! We have 6-7 inches, still snowing. If you all want to change travel plans, 18 Dew Road could be THE COMPOUND! guess who?
I feel like I watch the preliminary rounds of everything and then go to bed and hear about the finals in the morning on my way to work. Very dissatisfying. I too blame the polar bears.
Oh, and we have DVR, but P stays up to watch, and I'm pretty much never home and watching TV when he isn't, so it doesn't really matter.
Post a Comment