Apparently the day before Thanksgiving is traditionally my busiest day of the year. I re-read last year's post from this day and today was very similar, with the notable differences that today I did not nurse a baby or change diapers during the day since Maria was at daycare. I worked 9 hours in the church office filling in for the secretary and doing my normal office work of the bulletin plus creating, printing, and bundling a new flyer for our next movie night. People were coming and going for all sorts of reasons - some were picking up their pies baked by a women's group for a fundraiser. Of course I was only doing this work when I wasn't obsessively stalking Farah's FB and Twitter, and checking my text messages for news from her. At 4:20 I got a text saying "pray... about to push." And so I did! And later I read the news that at 4:39 Armadillo was born! I'll let her share all the specifics on her blog. Then I came home and cleaned out the refrigerator to make room for the inevitable leftovers that will be created (not to mention freeing up the containers to hold them). And then I had to go to the drugstore for TP, PT, and sugar. Next up was making pumpkin-cranberry bread for breakfast. And then I made an apple-cranberry pie, including homemade crust in record time so that I could sit here and watch GLEE. Which I am doing.
The menu tomorrow:
The menu tomorrow:
- Turkey! Stuffed with onions and basted with butter and herbs. No brine this year.
- Mashed Potatoes, PW style.
- Creamed Corn NOM NOM NOM
- Green Bean Casserole, which I fully expect Maria to inhale like she did last time we had it.
- Stuffing with dried cranberries
- Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish (this is entirely for Timon)
- French Bread
- Apple-Cranberry Pie
Everyone have a lovely evening. I'm just going to sit here and stare at pictures of Amy and Mike's sweet little boy a little more.

1 comment:
Oh I need to do that potato recipe sometime - yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are serving an extraordinary Thanksgiving dinner!
Post a Comment