Wednesday, June 17, 2009

the madness begins

I’ve been light in posting, I know. If I have any readers left, here’s why:

I’m BUSY. And I’ll keep on being busy for the next month. From tomorrow until July 16, I’ll only be home 14 days. Two youth trips and one trip to CT for the 4th of July are gonna run me ragged – but it’s good. I’m actually looking forward to all of this traveling, with the exception of the many hours drive to AL in July for the mission trip. It makes tomorrow’s 8 hour drive to Atlanta seem like NOTHING.

Well, one of the awesome things that kept me busy recently was my bloggie lunch with Jen & Elizabeth The Great. Maria and I had a great time walking around a big fancy mall looking at things with them and eating yummy lunch. The girls were hilarious together – click here to see just how!

j&e

girls













Henry attended Vacation Bible School at church and had a blast. I led the music and worship section, and Timon led the video section. Henry has a memory like a steel trap, so we’re sure to continue talking about VBS for months to come. Here are Maria and Timon during a break in the action:

t&m
Timon and Henry set off on a last minute adventure after Bible School ended the last night – they hopped in the Griswold Family Station Wagon to the other side of our state in an attempt to bear witness to a space shuttle launch. After finding the perfect parking/camping spot, spending the night in a car fending off the mosquitoes, and rising with the east coast sun, they got the word that the launch was canceled. Not ones to waste a trip, they connected with some friends who were also out there to see the launch and explored the area together. They did, in fact, get to see at shuttle:

eagle shuttle
So, not a failed trip, all in all.

I’ll be out of computer range for the next few days, I’m assuming. I may tweet from my phone, so follow me there – search for maresib. Have a great weekend, kids. Call your Dads on Sunday, tell him you love him.

6 comments:

Elena said...

A few days (or even weeks!) without posts won't chase your readers away. Life happens. You happen to have one that we like to read about when you have a chance to write. :)

Amy said...

Have fun!! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks :)

Anonymous said...

Such an exciting life you lead!! You make the world a better place!

lovegg

HereWeGoAJen said...

It was a very fun bloggy lunch! We need to do those more often.

AwkwardMoments said...

i heard all about your outting on Monday! Have a great trip!

Barb said...

That is one gorgeous baby Maresi. :) Actually you just have a beautiful family.