Wednesday, December 24, 2008

wishes

Here's a copy I made of Henry's letter to Santa before I sent it off. You'll see on one side he drew himself with his guitar next to the Christmas tree. Then on the other side he dictated a letter for me to write. I believe most of his Christmas dreams will come true. (click to enlarge)


























We had a lovely candlelight service at church tonight. Lots of nice music (including two songs sung by yours truly). Right before we went up to light the advent wreath candles and do the reading, I realized Maria had loaded up her diaper. I took a peek and of course it had come out the edge onto the inside of her tights. I still had 2 songs to do after the reading, so after we were done I passed her off to Timon, who took her home for a change - that's one of the benefits of living across the street. Both Maria and Henry charmed the crowds, naturally.

Both kids are in bed (I expect one more feeding for Maria) and are waiting anxiously for Santa to arrive. We all are hoping that the world would remember that on this night, so long ago, a Savior was born in Bethlehem, who is CHRIST the LORD. Glory to God in the highest, on earth, PEACE. Merry Christmas, everyone.


6 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

we went to the candlelight service here. Wishing you a blessed christmas morning.

Just like babies to have blowouts at the best times ;)

Anonymous said...

It's 1:07 Christmas morning. I'm
home relaxing after a busy evening and our eleven o'clock service.
We had our family evening, and I'm winding down. I'll play a game of Free Cell, then go to bed.
Dillon, Brenna, Marissa, Zachary, Melody and Kylie were the greats who were here tonight. I'll bet I'm the only one in the family who is awake at this moment. And I won't be for long.
Merry Christmas to all. Hi, Henry.
Love to all from Gram Gram

Amy said...

Merry Christmas! Love you guys.

Katherine said...

Merry Christmas!!! I hope that Santa was good to Henry and Maria and all the rest :) We had a nice morning here but missed you lots! Talk to you later!

docgrumbles said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That's what Greg did when we lit the candle too.