Monday, December 29, 2008

a contest for you

Okay, so I'm reading a book last night, and I stumble upon what might be, nay, IS one of my favorite quotations of all time:
"Suffice it to say that, since these pages are intended to celebrate the heroes of my life, in the interest of honesty and candor, it's incumbent on me to make clear that Barry Manilow is not remotely one of them."

If you can correctly guess the author of those words, you will receive a major award. Not really, but I will be very impressed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't EVERYONE agree that Barry Manilow is not a hero of any kind - except maybe the whole world is singing the song he wrote to make the whole world sing . . . . gg

Anonymous said...

My initial thinking is to go with Dave Barry, but on second thought, it might be someone else.

I must point out to gg that Barry Manilow did NOT, in fact, write the song to make the whole world sing. He was only the performer. It was actually written by a man named Bruce Johnston.

Barry, on the other hand, has also written numerous songs for other performers that have gone on to become hits.

HereWeGoAJen said...

If it isn't Dave Barry, it ought to be.

AwkwardMoments said...

This made me laugh ... I tried to google the quate just to know and nothing came up .. Poor Barry, We watched him on tv a few days ago and just had some good clean entertaining fun at his expense

Anonymous said...

Who is Barry Manilow?

Anonymous said...

Could it be James Lipton? gg

Anonymous said...

Could it be that Sedaris guy?

Jeanne

Katherine said...

I was thinking Dave Barry as well... I've read his views on music before.

--Kat