Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I was successful last night getting everything done - the potatoes are mashed, the rolls got made, the cranberry relish is made, and the turkey sat in the brine all night. It's sitting on the counter, awaiting its time in the oven. In case you don't have a tv, aren't able to watch, or are traveling while it's on, I shall now live-blog the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. You're welcome.
9:01 Hi Matt and Meredith! Wow, it's 37 degrees. My dream come true!
9:03 Hi Al Roker! The clowns look a bit overly excited to be on national tv. And those are some big scissors to cut that ribbon with.
9:04 Henry's thrilled with seeing Tom Turkey!
9:05 Wouldn't it be embarrassing of one of those cheerleaders totally ate the pavement? Oh yeah, and it might hurt, too. COOL! A Smurf balloon! Are they promoting the live action movie "Smurf." that Chad's been trying to get made for years?
9:12 Selma Blair looks really shiny this morning.
9:13 I always feel bad for the performers when they have to lipsync. It NEVER looks like they're performing live, no matter how good they are at it.
9:17 Oooh, megastar Miley Cyrus. Where does she NOT appear? Okay, time to put in the turkey.
9:22 WHAT?!?!? White Christmas is on Broadway right now and this is the first I've heard of it? How is this possible? Well, these two jokers are NO Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Um, hello, I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm is NOT in White Christmas. This is terrible.
9:29 Michael Flatley - an EXPLOSION of entertainment and excitement.
9:31 "What ain't we got? We ain't got dames!" I have always had this thought in regards to this song: Maybe if you DIDN'T refer to them as DAMES, you might actually have one.
9:42 Henry is now excited about The Little Mermaid. I think it's hilarious that they use those Heelies shoes to make it look like she's swimming.
9:50 Sorry, but I don't understand the appeal of the Radio City Rockettes.
9:57 Look at those kids in the band! Love it.
9:58 Those giant Pilgrim heads are creepy.
9:59 Don't drop that rifle! Don't drop that rifle!!! Phew, they didn't drop.

10:00 Holy Crap! There totally IS a Smurf movie coming out! Matt Lauer just said it!
10:18 "Nothing but your t-shirt on" is NOT appropriate for the Thanksgiving parade.
10:24 Jump-ropers! Waiting to see if our church members are going to be on in their adults marching band, the 2nd time Arounders.
10:29 Those outfts on the flag squad are seriously unfortunate.
10:50 Here's Pikachu. I'm starting to think that the 2nd Time Arounders didn't make the tv cut after their audition yesterday.
10:55 Henry's day has been MADE. The Buzz Lightyear balloon is here!
10:57 SHUT UP. Rick Astley!!!!!!! I'm never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down! We've been Rick-rolled!
Interrupting parade blogging to show you that both my children are loving the parade:

11:07 There they were! The 2nd Time Arounders were on. We only saw two people we know and for just a brief second. There's 6 or 8 members of our church in the band. They were cute.
Interrupting parade blogging again to say: The turkey smells unbelieveably delicious.
11:30 Is Darius Rucker (formerly of Hootie & The Blowfish) really doing country music now? Really?
11:34 Being serious now: I might start crying here in a minute. The Special Needs Color Guard of America is on and it is the most awesome sight. Can you imagine how proud these people's parents are?
11:37 And we have a winner for worst lipsyncher: Miranda Cosgrove on the Build-A-Bear float.
11:43 That Horton balloon is super-cute.
11:45 Kristin Chenoweth is impossibly adorable and talented. Love her.
Interrupting yet again to say that the smell of roasting turkey is a little bit of heaven on earth.
11:52 There seems to be some kind of mix up as to who's coming up next.
11:55 This Macy's high school band from all 50 states is really good.
11:56 SANTA!!!!!!
There you have it folks. Time to baste, stir up the mashed potatoes, and finish up preparations. I'm so thankful for everyone in my life, and hope you have a day filled with blessings. God is Good.

4 comments:
Did you see Becky? She's the only one we could spot (not that she's hard to miss)
I recorded the parade and fast forwarded through anyone who lip synced. Kermit's song was my favorite, I think.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MARESI on Friday, November 28th!!!!!
Love mom and dad
i TOTALLY saw hootie live in celebration last year and he was bringing out his new (yes it's true) country stuff.... cracks me up! i just want him to hold my hand...
Post a Comment