Monday, August 04, 2008

care to join me?

A while ago I wrote about my concerns with the upcoming Olympics and how to reconcile such an expenditure of billions of dollars (granted, it's being spent on a celebration of the good of humanity through sport) with the horrifying human rights atrocities still going on every day in China. Going back and forth on what I will do beginning this week has been on my mind. Knowing that the money's been spent, the games are going to take place and medals will be awarded regardless of whether or not I watch them makes any kind of boycott on my part basically pointless.

So, starting Friday night I'll watch, and I hope you'll join me in a different kind of action, one that I know for sure will make a difference:


(get yours by clicking here)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like it. I just ordered my own.

AwkwardMoments said...

My cousin is doing some type of missionary work in china - he has been over there for 6 yrs (of course under a different cover- Medical team or something)