Holy crap. I'm about halfway done cooking this baby! It's hard to believe. I'll tell you, the first 3 months d-r-a-g-g-e-d on endlessly, mostly because it included eternal waits between ultrasounds, holding our breath for the tragedy we thought was inevitable. After we let the news out, time has flown. I'm glad we're more relaxed now.
I saw the OB last Friday - it was the first time I'd seen this particular doctor since she (in the most compassionate way possible - seriously) told me I was probably miscarrying given the bleeding and low progesterone. I was glad to have a different experience with her, and if I could have a choice I'd probably pick her out of the three to deliver the baby. But who knows what will happen in September! My blood pressure was great, baby's heartbeat was nice and swooshy, and hey, I've lost another 2 pounds! I was sure I'd gained more than 2 but less than 5. "Normal" at 20 weeks is a weight gain of 8-14 pounds. I assure you, I'm eating, and I'm not getting sick. Baby is surely growing well given my expanded girth. This is similar to how it was when I was pregnant with Henry - I lost in the beginning and then put on 12 pounds in last trimester, which I'm sure a chunk of that was water since I was pretty swollen towards the end. I attribute it to Timon's superior metabolism taking over my body for the duration. Henry certainly takes after his daddy with the long and lean physique. I'll go back at the end of May for a regular appt., and then the fun glucose test takes place in June, along with the ultrasound to check the position of the placenta and HOPEFULLY find out who's in there.
Seriously, LadyB's new little boy, Oliver is super sweet. Go take a look and read her phenomenal homebirth experience. And when you've finished doing that, check out this video of the beautiful re-birth of Em, our newest sister in Christ. I tell you, there's some neat stuff out on the world-wide-interweb these days.
I saw the OB last Friday - it was the first time I'd seen this particular doctor since she (in the most compassionate way possible - seriously) told me I was probably miscarrying given the bleeding and low progesterone. I was glad to have a different experience with her, and if I could have a choice I'd probably pick her out of the three to deliver the baby. But who knows what will happen in September! My blood pressure was great, baby's heartbeat was nice and swooshy, and hey, I've lost another 2 pounds! I was sure I'd gained more than 2 but less than 5. "Normal" at 20 weeks is a weight gain of 8-14 pounds. I assure you, I'm eating, and I'm not getting sick. Baby is surely growing well given my expanded girth. This is similar to how it was when I was pregnant with Henry - I lost in the beginning and then put on 12 pounds in last trimester, which I'm sure a chunk of that was water since I was pretty swollen towards the end. I attribute it to Timon's superior metabolism taking over my body for the duration. Henry certainly takes after his daddy with the long and lean physique. I'll go back at the end of May for a regular appt., and then the fun glucose test takes place in June, along with the ultrasound to check the position of the placenta and HOPEFULLY find out who's in there.
Seriously, LadyB's new little boy, Oliver is super sweet. Go take a look and read her phenomenal homebirth experience. And when you've finished doing that, check out this video of the beautiful re-birth of Em, our newest sister in Christ. I tell you, there's some neat stuff out on the world-wide-interweb these days.

2 comments:
I'm so happy things are going smoothly now :) And I can't believe you're halfway there, either!
so, you are saying that timon is not "showing" yet?
Post a Comment