Congratulations, Lindsay (and A, for getting the ball rolling)! You correctly guessed that I could survive for the rest of my life by solely eating corn on the cob with butter (or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, whatever). I'm amazed. You might remember Lindsay was one of my travel companions when I went to Greece last year in January... she recently got married and has bee-yoo-tee-ful pictures up on her blog, which you should check out.
Anyhow, what is it about corn on the cob with butter? It's just so freaking good. I seriously could eat so many ears it's almost gross. Timon told me I should enter a corn on the cob eating contest. We grew up near a farm from which you can buy corn that's been picked mere hours before you put it in your mouth. We'd sit on the deck and husk (de-husk?) it and bring the paper grocery bag of husks and silk up to the old silo we used as a compost pile. The cobs would make their way there after dinner and sometimes I'd go look at them the next day to see if any animals had stripped off the few kernels we'd left behind, which they usually had. I'm sure my sister gets good corn now in her midwest state, but this is the best in my memory. Hopefully when we go to CT for my cousin's wedding in July it will be ready for me!
Thanks for playing, everyone!
Anyhow, what is it about corn on the cob with butter? It's just so freaking good. I seriously could eat so many ears it's almost gross. Timon told me I should enter a corn on the cob eating contest. We grew up near a farm from which you can buy corn that's been picked mere hours before you put it in your mouth. We'd sit on the deck and husk (de-husk?) it and bring the paper grocery bag of husks and silk up to the old silo we used as a compost pile. The cobs would make their way there after dinner and sometimes I'd go look at them the next day to see if any animals had stripped off the few kernels we'd left behind, which they usually had. I'm sure my sister gets good corn now in her midwest state, but this is the best in my memory. Hopefully when we go to CT for my cousin's wedding in July it will be ready for me!
Thanks for playing, everyone!

2 comments:
And a FUN time was had by all!!!!
I had sweet corn on the cob last night. just for you. and me. and stephen... :-)
Post a Comment