SO, for my two year blogiversary (no thanks to Blogger) I thought I'd share a fantastic Henry story for you. I'm telling you, I imagine you could compare living with Henry to living with Bill Cosby or Tina Fey - the comedy simply never stops (I'm sure Em & Chad would agree about this aspect of parenthood from their experiences with Em's hilarious little person).
In preparing Henry for big brotherhood we've been talking about what to expect from a baby and we've been reading several books about being a sibling. Last night we were reading this book. Mr. Rogers was great, wasn't he? Today was his birthday, coincidentally. The book is v. 80's in appearance, but you can't beat the honesty of how it's written. Anyway, we got to the part about how babies are fed in different ways - sometimes Mommy feeds the baby milk from her body, and sometimes the baby has milk from a bottle. I told Henry that our baby would drink milk from my chest and I pointed to both sides. He seemed baffled for a moment. With a look of puzzlement, he sweetly asked, "You mean from your humps?!?"
(To my knowledge, I have never referred to my bosoms as "humps", nor has Henry been listening to Fergie's hit song about her lovely lady lumps recently. It took us at least 10 more minutes to read the next 4 pages because we couldn't stop laughing.)
Also: last night and this morning Henry was walking around with a lei and his pirate hat on with his guitar making up a song about one of the girls in his class at preschool. Where does he get this stuff?
In preparing Henry for big brotherhood we've been talking about what to expect from a baby and we've been reading several books about being a sibling. Last night we were reading this book. Mr. Rogers was great, wasn't he? Today was his birthday, coincidentally. The book is v. 80's in appearance, but you can't beat the honesty of how it's written. Anyway, we got to the part about how babies are fed in different ways - sometimes Mommy feeds the baby milk from her body, and sometimes the baby has milk from a bottle. I told Henry that our baby would drink milk from my chest and I pointed to both sides. He seemed baffled for a moment. With a look of puzzlement, he sweetly asked, "You mean from your humps?!?"
(To my knowledge, I have never referred to my bosoms as "humps", nor has Henry been listening to Fergie's hit song about her lovely lady lumps recently. It took us at least 10 more minutes to read the next 4 pages because we couldn't stop laughing.)
Also: last night and this morning Henry was walking around with a lei and his pirate hat on with his guitar making up a song about one of the girls in his class at preschool. Where does he get this stuff?

2 comments:
Whatcha gonna do wit all that junk?
Can you hear us laughing?
m&d/n&p
Post a Comment