Yep, I'm watching that classic on TBS right now... It's so so so funny. Tomorrow right after church we are taking off on a 10-hour drive back to the very heart of Dixie (it used to say that right on the license plates) to spend the week with Timon's parents, sisters, and other assorted relatives. I'm sure it will be a delightful time and a very merry Christmas will be had by all.
If you are keeping up with the Eric Volz story, you know that he is out of Nicaragua, but has gone into hiding because of death threats and fears of pursuit by vigilantes who are convinced that he's guilty. Another troubling thing is that I read an AOL News article about it, and most of the comments on the story are from uninformed cave-people who know absolutely nothing about the facts. It's pretty disturbing reading - lots of statements that he must be guilty, or that because he's a Christian, President Bush pulled some strings "unlike how he would for a Muslim or even a Democrat". I guess that's why they call it free speech. At least he is safe for Christmas.
Henry received one of these for Christmas from some nice folks at church who watch him from time to time - it's hilarious.

He calls it his computer and talks back to the little character on the screen who gives the instructions for each activity. When it says, "Push the button for the letter that comes after J," sometimes it takes a minute for Henry to find the right button. The character will repeat the instructions, and then Henry will say, "Okay, Man! I am looking! Stop talking to me, Man!" Another instance of the Man putting pressure on the little people.

No comments:
Post a Comment