Monday, September 10, 2007

could you hear the universe rocking?

Last Friday, I took a bunch of kids (15!) here:


... for this event:


We got to see some awesome concerts, like FamilyForce5, who put on quite the circus! No pictures of them, sorry. I remembered to take out the camera for Jars of Clay who've been at this music stuff for eons, it seems. They have hilarious concert outfits this year - 1970's gym shirts and shorts with pulled up socks and headbands. You can sort of get the idea here:


They seem to have inspired some followers:


I saw this next band, Mercy Me, on this very same stage 4 years ago. (Remember, Chad? You were there, too.) I was pregnant with Henry and didn't even know it yet. The screen behind them is made of small light bulbs and they have a cool show going on during their set. It reminds me a little of U2.


The last show we saw was Casting Crowns, and they did some great stuff. You can tell an event is sponsored by a Southern Baptist university (Liberty University, in this case) when there are only a teensy handful of women to be found in any kind of performance capacity. The only two women musicians of any kind all night were in Casting Crowns (who rocked it out, I'd like to add).


But by far, the most impressive and for me, moving sight of the night was this talented lady right here:


She was an artistic interpreter for all the concerts at this stage, and she was amazing. It was truly a gorgeous sight. There's just something so beautiful about how she signed.

The next day, we all took naps, and I was able to capture this sweet sleepy face:


Then when he woke up, he posed for a quick glamour shot.

Is it silly to say that this smile is sufficient to rock the universe?

1 comment:

Chad Odgers said...

I'm sorry to hear about Ashley's condition having gotten to the stage you describe in the post below. :(
It is a fond memory though to think of RTU from years past. I remember riding the Haunted Mansion ride with Howie, and upon getting to the banquet hall scene with the projected 'ghosts', he turned to me in our little chair-car and asked, "They can't get us, can they?"
Keep up all the good work. Send that bearded boy of yours to time-out, but tell Henry I said hi.