Wednesday, August 22, 2007

yakety yak

We've had a lovely last 18 hours or so with Henry and his newest companion - some kind of virus has been inhabiting his stomach, and apparently there's no room left over in there for any kind of food or beverage. We know this because the virus has until about 4 this afternoon been evicting any nourishment that we've tried to give him. He gets pretty terrified by the sensation of nausea, the poor thing, and breaks into a sweat at the slightest hint of a reversal of the digestive process. He takes after me in that way, I suppose. I can count on one hand the number of times in the last 15 years I've allowed the nausea to reach the point of being sick. It's not so much an iron stomach as it is an iron will. He's also had a fever all day of about 100, but I just checked it about 45 minutes ago and it was 101.5... His disposition has been predictably sweet but he's obviously fatigued and ready to feel better soon. Fortunately, he has had 2 Pedialyte ice pops and half a piece of bread, along with some liquid Pedialyte to drink in the last 3 hours that have stayed down. Hopefully the worst is over.

Congratulations, AMY!

3 comments:

Chad said...

Get better, Henry! Quit your puking! Pedialyte can't be cheap whatever it is!
What is it, anyways? You should do a whole post about Pedialyte. It sounds fascinating AND delicious.
Or does, like, everyone know what is but me? In which case, I mean, nevermind, I know that stuff.

Ma Ma to 3 said...

Poor kiddo. I hope he is feeling better today. The girls both have been coughing and have fevers. I took them both to the Dr. yesterday and she said it is just a cold. Lucky us..a summer cold! Zachary and I both are coughing too. We are congested..which isn't fun at all. Peter is coughing now but it is a dry cough and he feels miserable. So my whole household is feeling icky. I just want some sleep!! Hugs for Henry!!

Amy said...

Hope Henry feels better today! Poor thing.