Sunday, July 22, 2007

oh my stars!

WOW. That's all I have to say about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was a great read. I plowed through all 750 pages yesterday from 9 am - 5 pm. My wonderful husband took care of our son so I could concentrate on the book. I loved it. I'm going to start over this afternoon, taking my time to absorb the details. JK Rowling really wrapped things up for HP fans, answering a lot of questions and finishing out the series with an amazing book. I sort of can't believe there won't be another one. But, leave 'em wanting more, that's what I always say. (I'm not sure when in actuality I have ever said that.)

Occasionally I sing with my friend John Kelly and his band, creatively named The John Kelly Band. Tomorrow morning, they will be seen on CBS' Early Show sometime between 7-9 am. They're in a contest and you can vote to help them get to go to NYC to perform LIVE on the show! Follow this link for directions how to vote sometime after 9 am tomorrow and vote as many times as you can. You can see the video here if you miss the show tomorrow morning. They deserve this big break - I'm so proud to know them.

And, my friend and summer intern Matthias has started his own blog. You should read it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You're finished with it?!?!?!

I only just started... I'm about 40 pages in. But I started last week rereading the 6th book first. And I'm very glad I did, because there were many things I had forgotten. But I didn't finish it until yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and then started book 7. It's good so far! I hope to get a lot of reading done this evening. Stupid work gets in the way of Harry Potter. The nerve.