Friday, April 20, 2007

is it too early to blame...

...old age for my memory problems? 'Cause I've got serious memory issues. Just yesterday, when I realized I was going to be staying home all day with a wheezing son (AGAIN), I was taking a shower and thinking about three or four subjects about which I could blog. I didn't end up blogging yesterday (just catching up on my favorites and discovering some new ones and losing Give-This-Photo-A-Name contests). Today, when I actually felt like posting, I can remember none of what I thought was so important or relevant a short 24 hours ago, dagnabit! This happens to me all the time. Yet I can remember songs from 2nd grade music class, and most of the plot of "One Life To Live" between the years of 1990-2007.

I did take Henry to the doctor this morning and he's fine. We're just trying a new over the counter medicine and continuing the breathing treatments, which are finally no longer a task such as herding cats or gouging out your eyeballs with a grapefruit spoon, like they used to be. He just sits there, holding the mask all by himself and turns the machine on and off when we tell him to. It's sweet and sad, all at once. Kinda like knowing that in three weeks, he'll be THREE.YEARS.OLD. Wow, I really am old. Thank goodness - I was thinking I was going to blame my faulty memory on not eating enough brussels sprouts or something. Or that I didn't have enough space left now that Marty Saybrooke has returned to Llanview.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, if you are old, what does that make me?

anyway, i too have been "suffering" from these memory lapses since i was in grade school. sure, i could answer almost every question on jeopardy, but could i tell you how to find the circumference of a circle if you know the diameter? nope, not a chance i remember that.

anyway, hope your brain gets better. I have been trying to keep my brain busy with things that are "supposed" to make you sharper(like the crossword puzzles in the newspapers, or the brain challenge game i downloaded onto my cell phone), but i really dont see a difference yet.

have fun with the birthday planning, talk to ya soon.