Once again, my wack-a-doo friends G & C, and I, their very own wack-a-doo, went thrifting last night to purchase our red carpet Oscars dresses. We have for several years gone in search of the tackiest dress to wear in celebration of Hollywood's most festive night, the Oscars ceremony. As you can see, this year was no exception - Global Thrift's bounty did not disappoint. You will not see a picture of my dress, I'll save that post for after the official red carpet pictures have been taken.


In other news, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the bank today, my Euros have been ordered for my trip. Once upon a time, I walked into a bank with dollars and walked out with no less than 8 different European currencies. You'd think those folks at the EU having had the sense to consolidate into one currency would have also made the transfer from dollars easier as well... but to no avail. After I put BOA in a choke hold, giving a nuggie and a wedgie, they relented and I will be receiving my Euros tomorrow or Friday.
Sometimes, you just have to show 'em who's boss.

2 comments:
Outstanding finds at the thrift store. I wish I could attend the red carpet event. Be sure to have the paprazzi take lots of pictures! You were right about the one dress - very similar to the old bejeweled number from days of yore :)
-a.m.
just wondering, what exactly is a "nuggie"? could it be that you meant to spell it "noogie"?
love from your older brother (and second grade spelling bee champ) (or was it third grade?)
Post a Comment