Monday, January 01, 2007

new year, new blog post

Hey kids. Please excuse my lengthy blogging absence. Henry and I just returned today from our New England excursion. All of the sudden today, Henry became 2 and 1/2 years old (the nerve!) and pitched three of the largest temper tantrums I've ever seen a child throw. And we were in the airport. GOOD times! Anyhoo: To redeem his reputation, here's a cute video of Henry and my mom playing Jingle Bells arranged for piano four hands...


Maybe it was the holidays, or maybe it was seeing my two oldest friends JBDA and CJLO'H (HA! JLo!!! This will now be your new name, my friend.), or maybe it was the comfortable cool weather... but something felt so good about my time there that I felt very much like staying. Of course I love my job, friends, house, not to mention my husband who lives here in FL too... but I'm beginning to want to migrate northward. There were so many pleasant things there that just don't occur here - roads that incline, for instance; and my aunt's pasta sauce; vehicles with 4-wheel-drive, homemade hot fudge, and my uncles and aunts sitting in the family room; the urge to move faster cause it's cold out, and the sound of my son running towards my parents calling their names... It was also pretty crazy sitting in my parents' house with the aforementioned JBDA who I've known since 4th grade, watching our CHILDREN play together, and realizing that 30 is around the corner.

It was a nice trip- I probably won't be back until June when my gal AES gets herself hitched. Thanks to all who made it so special... M, D, P, G, Z, M, K, P, & K especially... you know who you are.

Oh, and my 2007 goals are:
1. Read War & Peace
2. Finish a quilt
3. Sew a cute handbag
4. Move more (my self, not my possessions)
5. Never let the house get so messy that I wouldn't let someone in
6. Visit a foreign country (it's always important when making a list to have something on it that you can cross off right away)
7. Finish 50 scrapbook pages

I hope I can update you all right here as I cross things off the list. Be well, and have a blessed 2007!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you guys as well! I can't wait to see the kiddos this summer playing at the wedding...imagine..two three year olds and an almost 1 year old..should be interesting! Make sure to keep posting or sending photos for us to see how quikly Henry grows up! Hugs!

mama amy bee said...

nice goals and glad you enjoyed the northern part of our great country. vt is supposed to get in the 40s this week! wow! totally unusual...