Monday, October 16, 2006

someone find me some small twigs with which to prop open my eyelids

Poor poor Henry. He didn't sleep most of last night cause he had a pretty high fever. And thusly, none of us slept. To make matters worse for me, I hadn't slept much at all the past 2 nights, but last night really has sent me over the edge of fatigue. I can barely lift my fingers to type, let alone be a very good caregiver for my sick baby. (He'll always be a baby when he's sick) So this afternoon, Henry started acting fussier and less like his normal self. One of the wonderful things about him growing older is that he can tell me what hurts. I did notice his fever had returned, and then he said, "OWIE!!" while rubbing his left ear. I asked him if his ear hurt and he said, "yeah" all pitiful-like. So it's off to the doctor tomorrow first thing, and another day at home with Mommy. All he wants is applesauce and to watch his new favorite show, "Handy Manny" - or as he calls it, "manny an tools". (thanks for that, a.m.) In the meantime, I am really looking forward to some rest - whenever that might ever happen.

3 comments:

Chad Odgers said...

I sent the twigs two-day priority...Meanwhile, get yourselves on some drugs! Try cereal drugs, or pizza drugs. With soda drugs.

mama amy bee said...

ohhh! i hope henry feels better. ear infections suck- hope i didn't pass it to him! :) poor guy... i'll be thinkin' of ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Henry is enjoying "manny an tools" He is so cute to talk to on the phone about it too! Hope you're all feeling better!!!
-a.m.