Scene: Lunchtime at the house. A truck pulls up on the street beside the curb.
Random man: (As he's walking up the sidewalk) "&*#$% - &#@^*@!! (rings the doorbell)
Me: "Hello?"
Random man: "Hey, We're just on our way back to Tampa and we've got one box of steaks left. Do you want it?"
Me: "No, thanks."
Random man: "It's got like t-bones, filets..."
Me: "I'm really not interested, thanks, though."
Random man: "Don't you guys eat steaks?"
Me: "Yes, but I'm not really in the habit of buying meat out of the back of a truck."
Random man: "It's good stuff..."
Me: "Sir, I've told you several times politely that I'm not interested."
Random man: (as he's walking away) "Learn how to count... *&^%# @#*$^% @#&%^$*!!!"
The End
And the moral of the story is: If you're already sinking as low as to sell meat out of your truck, it's generally wise to not harass a potential customer with filth flowing out of your mouth. And no means no, not yes or maybe.

3 comments:
They stop at our house sometimes too and when I politely decline their offer (which they view as totally irrestible), they can't believe that I wouldn't want to HELP them EMPTY their truck for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)
Yeah, we've had that happen at our place, too. It's pretty creepy actually. I think I was home alone the last time it happened, but Jimmy came home as I was politely telling them no for the 40th time. What is it with selling steaks from a truck, anyway?
hmmmm... meat being sold out of a truck? kinda creepy! wonder if someone actually thinks it's a good idea to buy it? love the dialogue in your posts. very funny. love the boogie one :) ha! too cute.
Post a Comment