Every morning, Henry wakes up and comes in our room and stands by my side of the bed with his stuffed animal (we call it "Friend"). Depending on the hour, I'll either lead him back to his bed (before 7), or pick him up to lay in the bed with us (after 7). Sometimes, he wants to cuddle and doze with us, which is the BEST. Other times, he lays there, but with kicky legs and lots to say. I usually end up getting up with him to do something else at that point. But it's SO nice when he wants to snuggle.
I know this will end someday, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. There's been all sorts of phases he's gone through in his short little life - like when he wouldn't go to sleep at all unless he was swaddled good and tight (now he kicks off the covers, even when it's cold), or later, when he used to hold a cheerio in his right hand while he ate the rest with his left hand - like he wanted to make sure to have a spare (now we're lucky if he eats at all - he's gotten picky all of the sudden).
I have only two regrets in my life so far: 1. I am not proficient at the piano because I wasted about 10 years of lessons, and 2. I haven't kept a meticulous journal of everything Henry has done since being conceived. Because these are the things we'll be able to tell his future wife, and then our grandchildren when they come to visit. I wish my memory was better.
I know this will end someday, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. There's been all sorts of phases he's gone through in his short little life - like when he wouldn't go to sleep at all unless he was swaddled good and tight (now he kicks off the covers, even when it's cold), or later, when he used to hold a cheerio in his right hand while he ate the rest with his left hand - like he wanted to make sure to have a spare (now we're lucky if he eats at all - he's gotten picky all of the sudden).
I have only two regrets in my life so far: 1. I am not proficient at the piano because I wasted about 10 years of lessons, and 2. I haven't kept a meticulous journal of everything Henry has done since being conceived. Because these are the things we'll be able to tell his future wife, and then our grandchildren when they come to visit. I wish my memory was better.

1 comment:
It's not too late to reverse the regrets - start writing and start practicing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love from the first member of your fan club who is cheering you on!!!
Post a Comment